Monday, February 13, 2012

the "real world"

Graduation is slowly but surely approaching in May.   I'm starting to get worried.  I have always planned and planned and planned for each semester and my entire life....up until May 19, 2012.  I really don't know what to do with myself! Everyone I know is getting jobs after graduation and starting their careers. I don't want to do that. I feel like I've been so responsible my whole life, I kind of want to take a break.

What I really want to do is to travel around Europe for a while.  That does take money though.  Working at VS is not going to help me get to Europe. That being said, I have been looking for a 2nd/new job.  I'm hoping to get a job that can get me 30 hours per week and that would be willing to work with my current job. 

I applied at Pier 1 and they gave me a call today. I have an interview there on Monday at 2:30!  I hope I get it! I'm nervous though because 1) I haven't really interviewed for a job in 3.5 years and 2) I don't really want to leave my current job, but I'm just not making enough money there so I'm nervous to tell them that I'm job hunting and if I do get the job, I'm REALLY afraid to tell my managers about that! I suppose we. shall. see.

If I do get a second job, I will be able to save a lot more while paying a good chunk on my credit card AND still being able to live without being broke 3 days after payday.  That would be wonderful! :D

I'm a little stressed about school because I procrastinated too much.  My boyfriend and I celebrated Valentine's Day on Sunday because we won't be seeing each other on the actual day.   Basically my attention was all on him all weekend, so I didn't do much homework or studying.

Ok, work tomorrow at 6am.  Off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment